chanzie

Series: Guardian Witch #5
Publisher: Etopia Press
Publication Date: 07 March 2014
Genre: Paranormal Romance, Urban Fantasy
Source: Author (In exchange for an honest Review)
Audio or Book: eBook

Overview:
In Fire Storm, book 5 in the Guardian Witch Series, Ari faces censure from the Magic Council for spending too much time on vampire concerns. But when Andreas visits his estates in Italy and vanishes, what is a witch to do except follow?

Previous reviews:
Awakening the Fire (Guardian Witch #1)
Vampire in the Shadows (Guardian Witch #1.5)
Fire Within (Guardian Witch #2)
Burning Both Ends (Guardian Witch #3)
Blood & Fire (Guardian Witch #4)

My Review:

Fire storm is an amazing addition to the Guardian Witch series. It covers love, friendship, loyalty, heartbreak and so much more. Ally had me hooked from the very beginning and, just when I thought things couldn't get any more intense, she kicked it up a notch! It was one hell of a journey and I loved every moment of it.

Characters & Storyline: 5/5

Ally truly creates well-rounded, strong characters that are so easy to connect with and care for. The story line was gripping and the adventure was rough - emotionally and physically.

Ari & Andreas: Together this is one of my favourite paranormal couples. I really am enjoying Ari & Andreas's romance. It has ups, downs and more challenges than any normal couple would be able to handle, yet they get through it and are always stronger for it. I think this was the most challenging journey for Ari so far, emotionally, and I wasn't always sure she was going to make it. Initially I was a bit frustrated with Ari and her progress with her powers but I am happy to say that Ally gave us some answers with regards to her magic, as well as her bond with Andreas. I am left wanting more, though!!! Ari's friendship with Claris is beautiful and my heart literally broke at one important part of the story. I couldn't believe what these two were going through and how they stuck with each other. Andreas: Even though the story involved him, he was mostly in the background. I was so irritated that he was blocking Ari out and not helping her find him! I did get some answers at the end of the book, but it's not to say that I wasn't annoyed with him for most part of the story, especially when I was questioning his actions!!!

Steffan: I was so happy to see some more of Steffan in Fire Storm. I have a little inkling-hope he might end up with someone else in the story - but I can't tell you who without giving away a huge spoiler!! *hint hint Ally*

Mangi - Mangi is a minor character in the story but I just adore him! He is a great, misunderstood, reformable side character. When you meet him - he makes you cringe just a bit but before you know it he will crawl into your heart!

Rebekah - Grrrr she annoys me. No more needs to be said.

Plot, Pace, Writing style: 5/5
Ally really kicks up the action, suspense & drama in Fire storm. I love how Ally weaves the main and sub plots together so perfectly, and keeps you on the edge of your seat. Ally has grown beautifully as a writer and just gets better and better with every book! The pacing was perfect and she really knows how to tug at your heart strings.

Cover talk: 5/5
I loved this cover - It is the best out of the entire series so far!!!

Final Thoughts:
I loved Fire Storm. It is a perfect mixture of Urban Fantasy and Paranormal Romance. I recommend this to anyone who enjoys a kick-ass heroine and a good adventure that involves challenges, love and friendship

Favourite Quotes
"... You just have to trust that I won't do anything stupid."
Lilith's worried expression cracked into a grin. "I'm worried that you and I may have a different definition of stupid."
~
Bella and Dona met her at the bedroom door, twining around her legs with their motors revved on high, accusing her with their large green eyes."

Ally’s Top 10 Favorite Urban Fantasy Series

1.  Anita Blake series by Laurell K. Hamilton. Who doesn't love a kick-ass heroine and a sexy master vampire like Jean Claude? The early books are the best, and Guilty Pleasures (book 1) is my all-time favorite.

2.  The Hollows series by Kim Harrison. I love Rachel Morgan's collection of friends! Another series to read in order beginning with Dead Witch Walking

3.  Kate Daniels series by Ilona Andrews. Urban Fantasy at its best. Mercenary Kate Daniels walks in a world where magic and technology are often at odds. Book one is Magic Bites.

4.  The Blood Books by Tanya Huff. In Blood Price (book 1), Vicki Nelson, former homicide detective, and vampire Henry Fitzroy, the illegitimate son of King Henry VIII, form an unlikely partnership to fight off the demons of hell.

5. Dresden Files by Jim Butcher. What can I say about this much loved series, except if you haven't read it, you need to download it today! Harry is Chicago's only professional wizard. Storm Front is book 1.

6.  Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris. Ms Harris's series about a telepathic waitress in Louisiana has not only delighted readers but tv-watchers too: a blend of dark fantasy and humor. Dead Until Dark is the place to start.

7.  The Chicagoland Vampires by Chloe Neill. Grad student Merit is "saved" by Ethan, a 400-year-old vampire, who turns her into one of the undead. First book is Some Girls Bite

8.  Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost. Half-vampire cat is searching for the vampire who changed her family forever, but she finds bad boy vampire Bones, who (IMHO) is one of the most intriguing vampires in fiction. The series starts with Halfway to the Grave

9.  Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs. Mercy, auto-mechanic and shifter, lives in a world where humans are aware of lesser fae but the higher fae remain hidden. It makes it tough to stay secret when someone's always at war. Book one is Moon Called.

10. Guild Hunter series by Nalini Singh.  Angels and vampires and a strong female hunter will keep you glued to the pages. Begin with Angel's Blood.

Love Ally
Author Bio:
I write urban fantasy/supernatural mysteries. The first three novels in the series have been released and Blood and Fire is scheduled for the fall of 2013. I am currently working hard on book 5. When not writing, I read multiple genres--urban fantasy, thrillers, mysteries, romance, and I love to travel-anywhere, anytime. I live in the Midwest with my miniature pinscher Ranger within driving distance of the Mississippi River that is the setting for my books.

Author Links: Goodreads l Twitter l website

Love

Chanzie
Source: http://meanwhoyouare.blogspot.com/2014/05/book-review-fire-storm-gw5-by-ally.html