chanzie

Mean Who You Are

Mini Book Review: Charmed - The Power of Three by Eliza Willard & Constance M Burge

The Power of Three - Constance M. Burge
Source: Library
Audio or Book: Book
Length: 181 pages

Goodreads Synopsis:

In this night and at this hour,

I call upon the Ancient Power.
Bring yourpowers to we sisters three.
We want the power. Give us the power!

Prue, Piper, and Phoebe Halliwell didn't think reading a magical incantation would really work. But it did. Now Prue can move things with her mind, Piper can freeze time, and Phoebe can see the future. They are the Charmed Ones—the most powerful of witches.

But being enchanted has a price. There's a warlock who wants to steal their powers. And he'll do it any way he can—even if it means killing them!

I was so excited when I saw this book at the library. I absolutely loved the Charmed series when it was on TV, and couldn't wait to squeeze this pocket read in somewhere. Reading this was like visiting an old friend - I wanted to run and put on my dvd's and watch my box set all over again.

Was it the best written book? No. But I still loved it and read it in 2 sittings (it could easily have been one if we didn't get visitors). I adore Prue, Phoebe and Piper. These characters are memorable and strong in this quick read. I'm not sure if the plot is predictable or if I just remember what happened in the TV show but I still enjoyed it.

Final Thoughts:  I loved this quick read and will be reading the rest of this series!

My Rating:

Source: http://meanwhoyouare.blogspot.com/2014/05/mini-book-review-charmed-power-of-three.html