chanzie

Mean Who You Are

Book Review & Tour Stop: Forbidden Future ~ A Time Travel Anthology

Forbidden Future: A Time Travel Anthology - James Wymore, Jon Bradbury, Matt Mitrovich, James Lauren
Publication Date: September 12, 2013
Publisher: Masquerade Publishing
Genre: Time Travel/Fantasy
Cover Designed by: Raphyel M. Jordan

Synopsis
"Jump" by Jon Bradbury
Jesse Kendall's fiancee is missing, ever since she answered a strange ad. His only lead is a deserted warehouse downtown. In that warehouse he will find so much more than he bargained for.

"Road Trip" by Matt Mitrovich
Four friends drive to a college party and take an unexpected detour into the future.

"Society" by Terra Harmony
Take a ride on the 'Energy of the Future', where society gets a fresh, clean start – no matter who they have to leave behind.

"Forbidden Future" by James Wymore
A time machine technician has given his whole life to the pure scientific pursuit of the study of time travel.  When his personal life falls apart, he decides to risk it all and take a trip into the future.  First, he must remove a failsafe blocking the machine from traveling to the future.  What could be so bad that they tried to stop anybody from seeing it?

"The Mountains Haven't"
by Kade Anderson
     The people of the town of Dignity go about their daily lives, trying to scrape out a meager existence from the dirt and the dust of their land, never taking notice of the mountains that loom in the distance. To the others, the mountains are benign, as harmless as the grass their cows graze upon. To the town's Watcher, Julia, the mountains hold the key to a far greater mystery.

My Review:
This is the first time I have read an anthology and I was a bit nervous about writing this review. I discovered this tour through Terra Harmony's website as I have read the first book in her Akasha series, see my review here, plus I absolutely love the Masquerade tours blog as well!

This anthology is filled with short bursts of adventure. Each story takes you on a quick catapult adventure which all involve choices and a trip to the future. Whether they were kidnapped or took a trip in a time travel machine.

Between Utopias by Michael trimmer ~ 3.5/5
I liked the message of the story - we always have a choice and even if we make the wrong choice, we can fix it by speaking up. There were a few grammar.editing errors.

Forbidden Future by James Wymore ~ 3/5
The message to me in this story was about choices and knowledge. Sometimes if someone has done something or they really advise against it - there is a very good reason for it!

Society by Terra harmony ~ 5/5
Society has the best writing and story line. The future is a scary place if we don't look after it.

Road Trip by Matt Mitrovich ~ 4/5
Road trip was the most fun story for me, but a little confusing at times.

Cacotopia by James Lauren ~ 3/5
Ignorance is bliss? Sometimes there is a fine line in this concept.

The Mountains Haven't by Kade Anderson ~ 3/5
This story was interesting to say the leas. I connected with the characters really easily.

My Rating:
All in all this was a fun read full of adventures.

Jon Bradbury is the writer of 11 erotic romance eBooks including Sugar Daddy and Worst Kept Secret. He lives and works in Reno, Nevada. He is a full time writer thanks to the never ending Great Recession. He is currently and probably permanently single.
Website  |  Facebook  |  Twitter

Matt Mitrovich is the founder and editor of Alternate History Weekly Update and a blogger on Amazing Stories. His new short story "Road Trip" can be found in Forbidden Future: A Time Travel Anthology. When not writing he works as an attorney, enjoys life with his beautiful wife Alana and prepares for the inevitable zombie apocalypse. Website  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Goodreads
Terra Harmony is author of the eco-fantasy novels in the Akasha Series, 'Water', 'Air', 'Fire' and 'Earth', as well as the Painted Maidens Trilogy. Terra was born and raised in Colorado but has since lived in California, Texas, Utah, North Carolina, and Virginia.  Terra has served a 5½ year enlistment in the Marine Corp, has earned her bachelor's and master's degree and presently runs the language services division of a small business. Terra currently lives in a suburb of Washington, DC with her husband of 14 years and three children.
Website  |  Facebook  |  Twitter

James Wymore On a lifelong search for fantastic worlds hiding just out of sight, James Wymore writes to explore. With three books and six short stories in print after just one year, he continues to push the boundaries of imagination. Website  |  Facebook  |  Twitter |  Goodreads
Kade Anderson is a writer from Atlanta, Georgia specializing in science fiction, fantasy, and occasionally finance.  "The Mountains Haven't" is her first published short story, but she has also written two novels and co-written several screenplays, including the upcoming web series Life Online.  You can read the less interesting bits of Kade's writing on her blog or follow her on Twitter.  Both feature frequent references to her habit of buying more books than she can read, and pictures of her pet rabbit, Epinephrine. Website  |  Twitter

JeriWB, Editor, JeriWB writes short stories, creative nonfiction, and psychological suspense. The rough Idaho mining town she grew up in populates her literary landscape. She also works as a freelance editor. Website  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Goodreads

James Lauren & Michael Trimmer

$25 Giftcard

Ends 12/13.

Click HERE!
Source: http://meanwhoyouare.blogspot.com/2013/12/book-review-tour-stop-forbidden-future_9.html