chanzie

Author of The Mortal Instruments
Previously worked at Entertainment magazines
website:

Previous Reviews:
Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices #1)
Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices #2)

Why did I choose this book/Source?:
This series has been on my TBR list for a while. In September I joined a group on Goodreads and Clockwork Angel was one of the Books of the month to read. I grabbed this opportunity as an excuse to read this series. I loved book 1 (Clockwork Angel) & Book 2 (Clockwork Prince) so much that I had to find time in my review schedule to read this sequel in the series as well!

What is the book about:
Danger and betrayal, secrets and enchantment in the breathtaking conclusion to the Infernal Devices trilogy.

Tessa Gray should be happy – aren't all brides happy? Yet as she prepares for her wedding, a net of shadows begins to tighten around the Shadowhunters of the London Institute.

A new demon appears - one linked by blood and secrecy to Mortmain, the man who plans to use his army of pitiless automatons, the Infernal Devices, to destroy the Shadowhunters. Mortmain needs only one last item to complete his plan. He needs Tessa. And Jem and Will, the boys who lay equal claim to Tessa's heart, will do anything to save her.

My Review:

This book was a brilliant sequel and ending to one of the best trilogies I have read. The story had me laughing at some parts, in tears at other parts and filled my heart with joy and sorrow throughout the book. This is a story about love and friendship; happiness and sadness; joy and loss.

Will and Jem: I think this is the best bromance I have ever read. It is heart wrenching. I really enjoyed the way they accepted each other and understood the other's actions or reactions, regardless of the situations they ended up in.

Will and Magnus: What an amazing and unexpected friendship. I truly enjoyed this friendship from the beginning and found it to be so honest, true and different.

Will, Tessa, Jem: One of the things I loved about this triangle is that it was happy in a way - yes there the choices and heartaches but none of them turned on each other and they all just loved each other so much.

Character: 5/5
Cecily -  I really enjoyed her stubborn sibling interactions with Will, as well as the way she handled and interacted with Gabriel. She is the typical younger sister to Will with a free strong spirit.

Will - You truly learn to love Will in this book. If the previous books helped you yo understand him, in this book you will fall in love with who he is as a character. He is strong, courageous and honourable. His love for Jem and Tessa fuels his actions and you cannot help admiring him. I was so happy about how Will's story ended.

Jem - This is the first book where I was not happy with Jem's story all the time. I still think we need more people like Jem in this world, and was so happy when things smoothed out to happyville for me. I loved his character regardless and understood his transitions. I was very happy with how his story ended and he is still the sweetest most loving, caring and understanding character.

Tessa - Sometimes Tessa was a bit 'over-brave' not always thinking how her actions, no matter how noble, could have unhappy consequences. I was happy that Will and Jem always tended to balance her out and help her think a bit clearer. My heart sang with Tessa as well as ached for her. I was so happy with her journey through the story, and with the ending.

Henry & Charlotte - I adored these characters. I was so happy when they came together as a couple  - when they finally realized they were truly in love, and that their relationship was not an obligation one!

Plot & Writing style & Cover: 5/5
Cassandra Clare is one of the best authors I have read! I have quite a few favourites and she is up there with them. The plot had me completely absorbed with the twists and turns. I was laughing and crying throughout the book. I LOVED all the covers in this series. It had an unexpected but perfect ending - , I couldn't picture anything else.
Source: http://meanwhoyouare.blogspot.com/2013/10/book-review-clockwork-princess-infernal.html