chanzie

Mean Who You Are

The Archangel Jarahmael & The War to Conquer Heaven - In Rebellion (Book #2) by John J Higging

In Rebellion (Book II The Archangel Jarahmael and the War to Conquer Heaven) - John J Higgins

The Archangel Jarahmael - in Rebellion
Series: The Archangel Jarahmael and the War to Conquer Heaven #2
Publisher: Ring of Fire Publishing
Publication Date: 25 April 2013
Genre: Fantasy

A little bit about Author
John J Higgins is an attorney and former statewide prosecutor
He loves scuba diving and is a pilot
Lives in New Jersey
Website: www.john-j-higgins.com

Why did I choose this book/Source?: It is part of the author promotions program I belong to and anything that sounds intriguing and involves angels grabs my attention.

What is the book about:
Even the underlying force of love that drives the Almighty's Universe can go wrong.

What happens when the First Born of Heaven feels threatened by the Almighty's love for the Humans in the Garden of Eden? "In Rebellion," the second book of the Archangel Jarahmael and the War to Conquer Heaven Trilogy, chronicles the efforts of Heaven's elite to dethrone the Almighty Himself.

Angels are forced to choose sides, between the legions of Rebel Angels who worship Luciferael, and against the legions of Loyal Angels who continue to worship the Almighty - two major forces divided into fighting for the ultimate control of the Seven Heavens and the Universe.

Can the Almighty and His Love for His Creations survive these trials? Who will win the prototypical war? Who will rule the Heavens? In the meantime, the Archangel Jarahmael and the first Human woman, Lillith, are swept up into the cataclysmic Heavenly War. Can they survive these monumental dangers? Will their love for one another endure?

My Review:
The book picked up right where book 1 finished. I enjoyed the way John opened the story creating a captivating pre-war tension energy. I also enjoyed the different POV's from chapter to chapter, covering the same time span but at different locations and with different characters.

John brought in various aspects of the original story such as how the white pearly gates came to be, as well as lightning and thunder. This story is about loyalty, unconditional love, compassion and forgiveness. John shows that a path of good intentions can lead one astray combined with the need for power which can corrupt anyone.

I am interested to see where the love story between Lillith and Jarahmael goes as this aspect was not delved into too deeply in this part of the trilogy - it seems that they will play a much bigger role in the final bookJohn created the atmosphere of war perfectly, with chaos all round.

The funniest characters in the book were the Potentates - I imagined the funniest images of blobbing bouncing balls, floating or bobbing all over the place.

Even though the book is mostly from Jarahmael's perspective, I found myself rooting for Archangel Michael. In my fascination with angels, Archangel Michael has always been one of my favourites. I enjoyed Jarahmael & Cerebriel's friendship - it was strong and true.

I was a bit conflicted with the ending. To me it had a good message that really connects the dots, but I was not so happy with the final view of Archangel Michael.

John has an easy writing style and  flow, and the pace of the book was moderate. After reading this second book of the series, I could really appreciate all the ground work that was put into place in the first book. With the book ending where it does, it leaves the reader intrigued about what could be in the final book of this series!! It was an excellent read.
Source: http://meanwhoyouare.blogspot.com/2013/09/book-review-archangel-jarahmael-in.html