chanzie

Mean Who You Are

Topic of Light book Review: Angel Detox by Doreen Virtue & Robert Reeves

Angel Detox: Taking Your Life to a Higher Level Through Releasing Emotional, Physical, and Energetic Toxins - Robert  Reeves, Doreen Virtue

Publisher: Hay House Publishing

Publication Date: 06 January 2014
Genre: Spirituality, Motivational
Source: NetGalley / Publisher (In exchange for an honest Review)
Audio or Book: ebook
Length: 254 Pages

Overview:
Work with the Angels to Detox Your Body and Energy Detoxing with the help of your angels is a gentle way to release impurities from your body, fatigue, and addictions. Doreen Virtue and naturopath Robert Reeves teach you simple steps to increase your energy and mental focus, banish bloating, feel and look more youthful, and regain your sense of personal power. Rid your life of physical toxins, as well as negative emotions and energies. Angel Detox guides you step-by-step on how to detox your diet, lifestyle, and relationships. You’ll learn how to reduce or eliminate cravings for unhealthful food and substances, feel motivated, and enjoy wellness in all areas of your life. This book also includes 7-Day Detox Plans for those wanting to quit smoking or drinking, or to flush out environmental pollution.

My Review

If you know me, anything to do with Angels will most likely grab my attention! When I saw this book available on NetGalley, I just had to request it. It did take me a while to read through the book, as I would pick it up every few days, read a chapter or 2 and then soak in what I read.

I really enjoyed this book. It has so much information and there is a little bit for everyone. Angel Detox has so much advice that covers a broad range of topics. It has 7 day plans as well as some recipes! I tried out the green smoothie idea and actually enjoyed it. The biggest thing I learnt through this book was that we also need to detox from stress. Everyone always associates detox with the food diet. I did not even think that it can apply to emotions, people and stress. I took a bit of leave and did a stress detox - it was wonderful and rejuvenating. This book was also a gentle reminder that we can pray for help with anything - no matter how small and insignificant we think it is.

I will admit I prefer these types of books as paperbacks. It is much easier for ease of reference when going back to try out a recipe or look up an affirmation.

Final Thoughts: this book is definitely worth a read if these types of books interest you.

Love

Chanzie
Source: http://meanwhoyouare.blogspot.com/2014/05/topic-of-light-book-review-angel-detox.html