chanzie

Mean Who You Are

MWYA Random Ramblings ~ Cover Conflict

MWYA Random Ramblings

Hey Everyone

Welcome back to another Random Ramblings post where I get to talk about stuff that grabs my attention bookish or non-bookish. This post has been on my mind for a while... It all started when I saw the cover of a book I absolutely loved. I basically read the book because of the cover and it was a good read! See my review here

I looked up the series on Goodreads and fell in love with all the covers!

Every day / week I receive freebie emails about books that are on promotion - I love looking at the covers and grabbing the great deals from Amazon or Smashwords. In my opinion, the cover of a book is just as important as the story.

I couldn't believe it when I saw the same girl, with the same pose and the same background on another cover! All that had changed on the cover was the title, author and the font. I actually saw this girl with the same post on a third book (but with a different background), but couldn't find the it when I went to go an look for it.

Here are the covers I feel in love with:

Arotas String

These covers my attention immediately as I love the effect with the girl in the black dress - it has such a beautiful paranormal feel to it.

Here is the other set of covers I discovered:

Cover conflict

I was quite disappointed when I saw this. A cover that stood out to me so completely and beautifully was duplicated. I cannot even explain why I had this emotional reaction. In the end I will associate the covers with the first author and story I discovered. I just found it a bit silly that there are so many options out there and maybe these authors don't even know that they have identical covers.

What are your thoughts on this ramble? I'd love to hear from you! Pop over to my blog and leave a comment.

Love
Chanzie

Source: http://meanwhoyouare.blogspot.com/2014/01/mwya-random-ramblings-cover-conflict.html