chanzie

Series: Fireblood #1
Publisher: Spencer Hill Press
Publication Date: 17 December 2013
Genre: Fantasy, YA, Paranormal
Source: NetGalley / Publisher (In exchange for an honest Review)

Goodreads Synopsis:
To save a kingdom, Zara must choose between a prince who could be the answer and a rising rebellion that threatens to take control.

When Zara Dane is chosen to marry Prince Sebastian Hart, son of the man who ordered her father’s capture, Zara knows she must fight to save everything she loves from ruin.

Being betrothed to the prince means a life trapped behind the towering stone walls of the Camelot-forged realm. Under the watchful eye of the prince's first knight, Sir Devlan Capra, changing her future becomes difficult.

When an unlikely rebel reveals the truth about the deadly secrets that fuel King Hart’s twisted world, Zara’s path to rescue her father becomes clouded by deception. The Rebels clear her path by forcing Zara’s hand with an ultimatum: sway Prince Sebastian to join the Rebels, convincing him of his father’s evil nature, or they will take him out.

But Zara is uncertain about a future under the Rebels’ command and where the prince’s heart truly lies. She must decide who to trust, what to believe, and what she’s truly fighting for before the king destroys all of Karm, including her heart

My Review:
I had been eyeing this book for a while on NetGalley and I decided to read this book based on some good feedback I read from some fellow blogging friends. I enjoyed the first half of the book, but I fell in love with the story in the second half of the book.

Characters: 3.5/5

Trisha definitely creates some interesting and balanced characters.

Zara - I love this name. Zara is stubborn yet knows when to follow through and put her pride aside. She is likable, smart and clever. I was torn between rooting for her to be with Devlan as he is such an awesome character, and digging out the goodness in Sebastian, helping him to be a better person. In the end I do think she made the right decisions, and I really love her in the second half of the book.

Devlan - What a mysterious and intriguing character! Most of the time, in the first half of the book, you wonder if he has feelings for Zara. You love him even more as his story unfolds. Devlan was my favourite character. #TeamDevlan

Sebastian - Sebastian is a complicated character. First you like him, then you don't. I was rooting for him to turn good, as he is on the border line through most of the book. I can't really say more without it being a spoiler. He definitely brings a lot to the story and makes it interesting, as you really don't know what he will do next.

Plot, Pace, Writing style: 3.5/5
The plot - many things that keep you wondering, and in the second half of the book, enough twists to keep you glued to the book. The first half of the book was good at setting up the story. In the second half things speed up and get interesting. The last third of the book is just captivating - filled with twists u don't see coming! Trisha keeps a moderate pace and has a great writing style that suits the story - a mixture between the old and new world. The world building was great and definitely paints a picture of a different time and place.

Cover - 5/5: I loved it. It sets the feel for the book perfectly.

Favourite Quotes
All the signs were before me. I only chose go see what I wanted.
~
Breaking away, he presses his forehead to mine, and says against my lips, "I'll always come for you."

Author Bio: (Taken from Trisha's website)
I’m the author of the YA Steampunk DESTINY'S FIRE (Omnific Publishing), ASTARTE'S WRATH NA Historical/Supernatural, and the upcoming YA Utopian FIREBLOOD from Spencer Hill Press, October 2013. My NA Dark Fantasy OF SILVER AND BEASTS available May 2013.

I’m the creator of YA Bound, a promotional site for the Young Adult genre. Also a member of SCWW and The Apocalypsies.

A proud business owner, I'm partnered with my partner, my husband. When I’m not busy doing all of the above, I’m a wife and the mother of a gorgeous teen boy who's the sounding board for my male characters.

Author Links: Goodreads l Twitter l Facebook l Blog

Love
Chanzie

Source: http://meanwhoyouare.blogspot.com/2013/12/book-review-fireblood-by-trisha-wolfe.html