chanzie

Mean Who You Are

Book Review: The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom by Don Miguel Ruiz

The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom - Miguel Ruiz

Publisher: Amber-Allen Publishing
Publication Date: 14 September 2001
Genre: Spirituality, Psychology
Source: Purchased

Goodreads Synopsis:
In The Four Agreements, don Miguel Ruiz reveals the source of self-limiting beliefs that rob us of joy and create needless suffering. Based on ancient Toltec wisdom, the Four Agreements offer a powerful code of conduct that can rapidly transform our lives to a new experience of freedom, true happiness, and love. The Four Agreements are: Be Impeccable With Your Word, Don't Take Anything Personally, Don't Make Assumptions, Always Do Your Best.

My Topic of Light Discussions:
September 2013:
The Four Agreements ~ Part 1: The Smokey Mirror
The Four Agreements ~ Part 2: The Dream of the Planet
The Four Agreements ~ Part 3: The First Agreement ~ Be impeccable with your word
The Four Agreements ~ Part 4: The Second Agreement ~ Don't take anything PersonallyOctober 2013:
The Four Agreements ~ Part 5: The Third Agreement ~ Don't make assumptions
The Four Agreements ~ Part 6: The Fourth Agreement ~ Always do your best
The Four Agreements ~ Part 7: The Toltec Path to Freedom ~ Breaking Old Agreements
The Four Agreements ~ Part 8: Heaven on Earth & Wrapping up this topic

My Review:
I loved this book the first time I read it and I loved and appreciated this book this time again.
I chose this book to use for my Topic of Light discussions. Don explains easily and effectively. I liked that this wasn't thick heavy book filled with complicated lessons. Don uses great examples to explain the agreements and the way he explains them is simple and motivating.

The agreements are easy to remember and make sense. I covered most my thoughts in the topics. I would recommend this book to anyone needing a great short motivational read.

Author Bio:
The tools shared by don Miguel are based on common sense and shared with such simplicity, that the universal message underlying his teaching is recognized by many. don Miguel's message is simple, practical and when implemented, even incrementally, changes lives.

In the tradition of the Toltec, a Nagual guides an individual to personal freedom. Combining new insights with old wisdom, don Miguel has dedicated his life to sharing the ancient Toltec wisdom by translating it into practical concepts that promote transformation through truth and common sense.
Don Miguel Ruiz was born into a family of healers, and raised in rural Mexico by a curan
dera (healer) mother and a nagual (shaman) grandfather. The family anticipated that Miguel would embrace their centuries-old legacy of healing and teaching, and carry forward the esoteric Toltec knowledge. Instead, distracted by modern life, Miguel chose to attend medical school and become a surgeon. A near-death experience changed his life. Stunned by this experience, he began an intensive practice of self-inquiry. He devoted himself to the mastery of the ancient ancestral wisdom, studying earnestly with his mother, and completing an apprenticeship with a powerful shaman in the Mexican desert. In the tradition of the Toltecs, a nagual guides an individual to personal freedom. Don Miguel is a nagual from the Eagle Knight lineage, and is dedicated to sharing his knowledge of the teachings of the ancient Toltecs. He is the author of The Four Agreements, The Mastery of Love, and The Four Agreements Companion Book.
Source: http://meanwhoyouare.blogspot.com/2013/10/book-review-four-agreements-practical.html