chanzie

Publication Date: 08 August 2013
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Source: CM Book Tours

Goodreads Synopsis:
Paige Donovan is an ambitious college graduate who aspires to reach the top of the corporate ladder. She’s climbing fast when given the promotion of a lifetime at a prestigious fashion magazine in New York City. Her bright future comes to an unexpected halt after news of her father’s death. She inherits his old cabin in the Colorado Rockies, and just when she thinks her luck couldn't get any worse, she has a car accident in the mountains and awakens in the small, remote community of Black River.

Soon, she’s engulfed in the mystical world of Varulv---wolves descended from 13th century Scandinavia and blessed by Norse gods with the ability to appear human. Paige is desperate to return home, but never expects to fall for her rescuer, Riley Gray, a charming young werewolf from England who offers her an alternate future with his pack.

Now, she must choose between the career she’s always wanted and the love she’s always dreamed

My Review:
The book was immediately refreshing and I enjoyed April's sense of humour which came through in her characters.

Characters 4/5
Paige - I instantly connected with Paige and could see her reactions and thoughts as something I would do, or the way I might react! I identified with all her emotions from the giddiness, passion, jealously and to the quirkiness. The chemistry between Paige and Riley was pure and intense.

Riley - Riley is a very lovable character. He comes across as happy lovable - just like a puppy. He'll break the rules for love, and he loves Paige. He is sweet, sexy and loyal. Sometimes his actions shock you but the core of everything he does is his love for Paige and I appreciated that. Definitely swoon-worthy!

Quinn - I really enjoyed that Quinn was a loving sister and not the normal bitter and mean character. She loved Paige just as much as Riley. She is a strong character with that soft caring sister element. I felt so bad for her as her story unfolded, but I was really happy that Paige and Riley never pushed her away.

Plot, Writing style & Cover 4/5
The plot was a bit too fast in some places and sometimes it also got a bit too primal. I enjoy April's writing style and the humor she brings through in her writing. April really knows how to get your emotions flowing in this book. This story is definitely PG. The characters are well developed and the world building is good. There are quite a few twists that keep you intrigued. There were a few words that she used that I didn't really enjoy reading and maybe a few descriptions too, but for the most of it she had me hooked. The story was original and I enjoyed the paranormal elements of the story. I was a little weirded out by the mention of the possibility of bestiality, but thank goodness that didn't take place, I'm not sure I could have finished the book if it did.

All in all I flew through this book and it kept my attention.

Favourite Quotes

'With in seconds, the door burst open, and Riley ran into the room. My eyes nearly bulged as I gaped at him. His eyes were the same size as mine, looking at me with concern. My mouth moved like a fish out of water while my gaze roamed up and down his body. The, he became aware of his nudity, because he looked down and the back at me. Without a word, he ran out of the room"

I watched this wolf eating spaghetti. 'Do you eat raw meat?: He slurped a few noodles into his mouth and chewed. After he swallowed, he said, "Yes, I do when I'm in wolf form.""What about when you're human?" He replied slowly, "No..." Then, he looked at his plate. When he set his gaze back on me, he twirled the fork expertly in his nimble fingers. "I eat Spaghetti Bolognese," he finished with a smirk.

Author Bio:
April Bostic is a New Jersey-based, Adult Romance author who enjoys unleashing her creativity and letting her imagination run wild. Her love of romance books inspired her to become not just a reader, but also a writer. In December 2008, she self-published her first novel, a contemporary romance with a supernatural twist entitled "A Rose to the Fallen".

Her first short story, "Right Here, Right Now", released in January 2012, is an erotic romance with a dash of S&M. The following year, she released two more short stories: a romantic urban fantasy inspired by the Greek myth of Eros and Psyche entitled "Eros, My Love", and a sexy romantic comedy entitled "Love Addiction".

After five years, she released her second novel, "The Howling Heart" in August 2013, a paranormal romance that delves into the mystical world of werewolves and Norse gods. To end her busiest year in publishing, April will release her fourth short story in December 2013, an 18th century paranormal romance entitled "A Dark Scandal".

Author links:
Source: http://meanwhoyouare.blogspot.com/2013/10/book-review-tourstop-howling-heart-by.html