chanzie

Publisher: Doubleday
Publication Date: 2013
Genre: Thriller

A little bit about Dan Brown
First published book: Digital Fortress (1998)
Has had 6 books published
Website: www.danbrown.com

Why did I choose this book/Source:
I chose this book as I am a Dan Brown fan. I needed a change in reading material and this was just the book to take me on a 'mission to save the world' adventure.

What is the book about:
Harvard Symbologist, Robert Langdon, wakes up in a hospital in Florence with temporary amnesia, no recollection as to how he got there, why he is on the run from his own government, and who is trying to kill him.

With a vision that his mind has created after the amnesia, the determination to solve a message hidden within an altered famous art piece based on a dark epic poem of Dante's Inferno, Langdon sets off to save the world.

With the help of Dr. Sienna Brooks, who has her own hidden past and objectives, (which is a mystery that unravels as the story progresses), Langdon slowly pieces together the previous 48 hours that he has lost. Things get more complicated, as the lines blur between who to trust and who is the enemy.

My Review:
With twists, turns and an amazing amount of interesting facts, the story keeps you hooked on Langdon's journey. Just when you think you have figured out who the good and bad guys are, something happens that throws you way off track. There was one scene where I was convinced I knew who this mystery person and perspective was, but by the end of the book it was definitely not the person I suspected.

Although I find Dan Brown goes into way too much geographical detail (and its history) there is a lot of information that is very interesting and enjoyable to learn. The story line is action-packed with drama and suspense that keeps you captivated. An Excellent read.
Source: http://meanwhoyouare.blogspot.com/2013/08/book-review-inferno-by-dan-brown.html